Are you a fan of What Not to Wear? I am! I get excited every time I catch a re-run. One of the shows stars and cast member of the Chew, Clinton Kelly made his way to Macy’s in Atlanta for a #HelpMeClinton style chat! Clinton is HIL-LARIOUS! While he gave out great style tips, he had me dying laughing!
- Don’t hate on yourself! We are all guilty of saying we hate something about ourselves. Clinton pointed out that you don’t hear men saying what they hate, like their bellies or back hair. It’s ok to say, “I have a big back” but why hate it?
- Twice a year take everything out of your closet, try it on and if it doesn’t fit, get rid of it! Lawd! That would be half my closet. I need to get my life together before doing this.
- Every girl needs a tailor! I didn’t realize what a difference a good tailor made. Instead of searching for the perfect fit, take an item to the tailor to make it look perfect on you.
- There’s nothing an A-Line skirt can’t fix. I agree! Looks great on everyone!
- Vintage clothing must be in excellent shape, good fitting and no holes. Pair it with something modern.
- All moms should invest in jeans that make your butt look good! WORD! I finally invested in some good jeans myself and it makes a world of difference.
- Don’t wear an ankle strap shoe if you have big ankles. Straps will bring attention to them.
- If you have to ask yourself “Am I too old to be wearing this?” you probably shouldn’t be wearing it. I had that moment this summer.
A few other bloggers and myself managed to get Clinton to take a selfie with us. He is actually holding the camera. He is the king of selfies! I had such a great time and laughed so hard! I heart Clinton! He has few new books out, Freakin Fabulous on a Budget and Oh No She Didn’t. Check them out! I have both of them.
What do you think about Clinton’s style tips?