Today’s post is sponsored by Vaseline® Intensive Care™ Cocoa Radiant™. Thoughts and opinions are my own.
Cold weather can wreak havoc on your skin. It’s easy to neglect your skin during the winter because you’re covered up for a few months. Just like they say beach bodies are made in the winter, the same thing goes for your skin. I wanted to share with you how using Vaseline® Intensive Care™ Cocoa Radiant™ lotion and a few easy tips can help you take care of your skin this winter and be ready for spring.
1. Turn down the temperature in the shower. When you’re a busy mom, taking a shower is a luxury. The cold temps may want you to crank up the hot water but you really should take it down a notch. Hot water can take the moisture out of your skin. Instead of boiling hot shower, take it down a few notches.
2. Pat dry after a shower. Once you step out the shower, don’t rub when you’re drying off. Using a soft bath towel, pat your body gently to remove excess water. Rough towel drying can make your skin drier.
3. Use a moisturizing lotion. All lotions are not created equal. I learned that the hard way after having scaly dry skin in the past. I’ve been a long time fan of Vaseline® Intensive Care™ Cocoa Radiant™ lotion. Vaseline® Intensive Care™ Cocoa Radiant™ Lotion contains pure cocoa butter to leave skin deeply moisturized plus Vaseline® Jelly that absorbs deeply to heal dry skin, revealing its natural glow. I can go all day using Vaseline® Intensive Care™ Cocoa Radiant™ Lotion without having to reapply.
4. Apply lotion immediately. Once you pat dry with a soft towel, apply Vaseline® Intensive Care™ Cocoa Radiant™ Lotion immediately. This will help lock in the moisture so Vaseline® Intensive Care™ Cocoa Radiant™ Lotion can do its thing. Your pores are open and will lock in the moisture. It absorbs fast and is non-greasy.
5. Drink lots of water. Water is a natural miracle worker on its own and we tend to take it for granted. Drinking lots of water will help to provide moisture to your body from within.
I get compliments all the time on how soft and smooth my skin is. Genetics may play a role but I also do these steps daily (or a least when I can get a shower). Crazy how altering a few things that you’re already doing can make a big difference. Adding Vaseline® Intensive Care™ Cocoa Radiant™ to your routine help heal dry skin and give you a radiant glow. Click HERE for a special coupon to save on your next Vaseline® Intensive Care™ Cocoa Radiant™ purchase.
Not only does Vaseline® want to help you have beautiful skin, they are also helping those in need with the Vaseline® Healing Project. The Vaseline® Healing Project is an aid effort in partnership with Direct Relief to provide dermatological care, Vaseline® Jelly & medical supplies needed to help heal the skin of people affected by poverty or emergencies around the world. You can learn more about the Vaseline® Healing Project HERE.
How do you fight dry skin in the winter?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Vaseline® Intensive Care™ Cocoa Radiant™